A very cooperative and creative person to work with!
Thank You Very Much!!
How NilsG started their app journey
Who are you known as?
Tomorrow The World Py Ltd
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
We are an Software design company with the aim to connect people locally and around the world - without requiring access the the Internet
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We are looking for a consistent graphic design for our new IPhone App "CU".
CU is a social networking platform that introduces people with similar interests as they walk past another or visit the same establishment. CU firstly lets you know that this person is close by and then acts as a conversation starter - an "ice breaker" - to make the first contact easier.
We need application icons, launch images, transition images, colour or texture pallet, tap bar icons.
CU is a social networking site. It is suppose to look clean but not clinical. Light but warm and inviting. It's about trust. CU is bringing people together to make for a happier, more friendly society - breaking down the walls, without the privacy issues associated with other social networking platforms.
One look at each page would clearly identify what is what.
For a full brief and technical details, see below:
This app is designed to be used by people all around the world. It is multilingual so the design must be mindful of multiple cultures - hence our need for universal rather than culturally specific images.
Technical details and expanded brief:
Design Elements Required
Application Icon 512x512 that reduces well to 114x114 and 72x72
We are looking for an App icon that is simple and people will recognize like they do the F for Facebook, the S for Skype, the bird for Twitter or the walking man for AOL.... It is meant to stand out on your home screen and on the app store like a button you want to press because it pops out at you.
Launch Image 640x960 that reduces well to 320x480
A launch image for when you first start the app that shows for 3 seconds and says what CU is about without words. This will probably become the base for our web page.
Colour or Texture Pallette
We need a page theme that carries throughout the App but subtly highlights the fact that each page under a certain section has a different category
Transition Images 640x960 and 320x480
As you select a different sub- profile, a relevant transition page showing the essence of that profile will appear for 2 seconds before going to the selector page. See section on Profile Icons for descriptions of each of the subprofiles that need an identity.
Tab Bar Icons 60x60 and 30x30
We have 4 main screens that you can access via toolbar on the bottom of each screen:
1. Profiles: describes me (my profile) at the top as well a sub headings for profiles of what I am looking for -- see below. This is also the "home page" when you come back to the app. It needs to look cool.
2. Friends: basically a list of people that I have selected to stay in contact with. Shows photo of person and name - how do you make a list look interesting?
3. Matches: of people that match my selected preferences, listed in sub section of the profile I match with them (so use same theme as for sub-headings to highlight these sub sections) as you can have multiple profiles running at the same time. Again, just photo and name
4. Invites: This page also holds the yet to be designed "Invite a friend button" to invite a friend to download the app and joining the network. Note, this tab is currently missing from the screenshot.
Profile Icons 60x60 and 30x30
These are the sub profiles that require little icons and a slightly different background theme for each of them once selected. This should tie in with the transition pages.
1. Nightlife / dating - (for meeting people while you’re out on the town)
2. IceBreaker (meet me for a coffee or just have a beer - nothing else. This is for when you are on the road and just don't want to eat or drink by yourself in the hotel room, or you are just plain lonely!)
3. University (for people wanting the meet fellow students that do the same course but are a little shy on starting a conversation with total strangers)
4. RSVP – a “pass-it-on” message system where you can transmit a message to anyone who wants to listen. You then have to opportunity to re-transmit the same message automatically - anonymously of course
5. New Parent (if you are a new mum and new in town, you need friends to help you or just be there to call upon. This is for mums to mums or potential baby sitters to mums)
6. CarPool (for commuters wanting to share their car to work)
7. Travel buddy ( going on a road trip or just sight-seeing and looking for someone to come along)
8. Small "help" button which will appear on top left hand corner in header of each of the three main screens,
9. Small "feedback" button with how to contact us which will appear on top right hand corner
Currently the app is being developed for iPhone./iPod touch, the advice in the IOS Human Interface Guidelines needs to be heeded.