We require a set of 30 ACHIEVEMENT badges.
For examples, check out these similar gamification systems:
- http://www.badgeville.com/platform/…engine.php (scroll down for sample badges)
- http://getglue.com/ (individual badges for every tv show or media item, as well as user ranks)
- http://gowalla.com/guides/london (famous locations have an individual badge design).
We require a total set of badges designed, with a similar theme running throughout. Rank names are not required on the badge, as they will be written below it on the site. The badges represent the following items:
- 5x GENERAL USER RANK BADGES: This is an overarching user rank which is awarded for every action taken on the site. There are specific named badges, in ascending order:
-- Initiate geek
-- Geek Apprentice
-- Resident Geek
-- Geek Board Member
-- Lord of Geekdom
- 5x CONTENT SHARING RANKS: These are awarded for ranks gained in sharing content through social network sites.
- 5x COMMENTER RANKS: These are awarded for commenting on the site.
- 5x "GENIUS" RANKS: Awarded for providing answers on our tech Q&A section, and having your answer chosen as the best answers.
- 5x "REACTION" RANKS: These are given for using the proprietary quick rating system on articles.
- ONE OFF BADGES: These are not a part of a particular rank or level system, and are just one-off badges awarded to users for completing a particular action:
-- blank template (so we can create our own if needed in future)
-- subscriber - when subscribed to the email newsletter
-- facebook fan
-- twitter follower
-- google plus fan
The badges/icons will eventually be used at 70px, so please submit a large image containing all of the designs. We will require higher resolution individual icons from the winner.
The RANK based sets of badges should all have some element that shows progression though each set. For each, a common color for first rank badges, or ...?
Where specific names have been given ("geek board member") or specific actions defined (facebook fan), the graphic on the badge should obviously represent that item. For others, such as generic "sharing" badges, you may be creative in what particular graphic element is used at each level.
Please feel free to ask questions.
We may require a round of changes from the chosen design. Please submit as many designs as you like.