Hi! Can you make an icon for my Chrome Web Store app, "Dice"?
This app is very simple; it lets users roll some virtual dice by clicking a
The icon should feature two or more dice. You can try just one, but I don't
think it's a good idea.
I recommend standard 6-sided dice with standard die patterns since they are
the most widely recognizable.
The dice themselves could be white, all the same color, or different colors. If
they are white, make sure to use a colored background since large white areas
are not good in Chrome Web Store icons.
Don't make it too complex; our target display size is relatively small at
Weird outlines are OK; the icon does not need to be square.
A vector format is required (we prefer inkscape-compatible SVG or standard EPS,
but others are OK). If you want to provide a different vector format (AI, PSD,
etc), please also provide a high-res PNG24 (with alpha) export as a backup.
Target display size: roughly 100x100px.
We're looking for original designs. Trademark law is complex and annoying and
use of clip art in the final product can get us both in trouble. Check out the
winners of my previous contests, you don't need to use clip art to win!
GENERAL CHROME WEBSTORE ICON TIPS (from http://goo.gl/OeKN1):
- NO TEXT in the icon (it has a multilingual audience). Numbers are ok.
- The icon will usually be on a WHITE BACKGROUND.
- Use SATURATED colors if possible; they tend to work well.
- AVOID using a lot of white and light gray.
- Make sure the EDGES ARE WELL-DEFINED.
- AVOID large drop shadows. It's OK to use small shadows for contrast.
- Make the icon FLAT. It should FACE THE VIEWER. No 3D!
- If the icon is square with rounded corners, use a 12-pixel corner radius.
Let me know if there's anything that's unclear, and thanks very much for taking
a look at this project :)