God's Child did a good job and was nice to communicate with through the steps of my project!
How Rollins Distillery started their illustration or graphics journey
Who are you known as?
Rollins Distillery, Inc.
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Food & Drink
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Rollins Distillery is a very small start up craft distillery in the Florida Panhandle. Our initial products are Crystal Rum, Vodka, and Spiced Rum. Our target audience are people that appreciate high quality craft spirits.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We have a sketch of a Crystal Rum label for the "Krewe of Jean Lafitte" brand. We need to have the sketch taken to final label graphic for submission to a federal agency for label approval.
The process needs to be interactive to ensure all federal label requirements are met, and all customer preferences are met.
1. The name Krewe of Jean Lafitte mark is by agreement with Chateau Lafite de Rothschild and must have all letters the same font size.
2. The uploaded file "Suggested Pose for Jean Lafitte" is the sketch we need taken to final label. The uploaded file "Suggested Pose on Bottle" shows the same sketch taped onto the bottle that will be used. Please
note that the label will be clear with color graphics to simulate silk screen on bottle. There should be a sun like disk behind the character to give him some background.
3. Note: the Krewe of Lafitte shield is to be rendered as an impression in a red wax seal.
4. For reference, the uploaded file, "KOL_Shield_BW" depicts the shield. Note the top left image are French doors with round top window above, the top right image is a treasure chest on a beach, the bottom left image is a Krewe of Lafitte hat with a feather slanting back from the right side, and the bottom right image is a hand holding a rolled up treasure map. The uploaded file "logo_KOL_wShield" shows the shield in color.
5. The uploaded file "pirate_sword_fight_painting" shows the desired action pose for our character.
6. The label should be rendered as realistic as the uploaded file, "Canadian Hunter label on clear background"
7. Please note that the face of Lafitte should be modeled after the sketch. The costume details should be guided by the sketch, however to give an idea of the desired coloring for the costume, the uploaded file, "jean-Lafitte" should be a guide, except the hat which should be the same color as the jacket.
8. Finally, the label graphic should be in a format that details such as the various writings and or image details be changed. The label can be used for different products that have different names and proofs, the federal approval process may mandate some change, and the label printer may require some change for technical printing reasons.