Desired Color Scheme:
gold, red, green, purple, blue - jewel tones
3D photorealistic, fun, colorful and original
Accepted File Formats:
The phoenix is a mythical exotic bird who, in this novel, guides some children on a magical journey across the world and time itself. Please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ph…the_Carpet to learn more about the original version of this children\'s classic. Our new edition is based on this material, updated for a modern audience. However, the setting and plot are basically the same.
The cover graphic shown on that page is one possible scene you might try to emulate, although we\'d prefer the phoenix to be much more prominent and visible. Show him in flight, perhaps with figures on a magic carpet in the background. Character itself should have primarily gold feathers, except for the tail and wings (which can use multiple colors). Think jewel tones -- rich, exotic, beautiful.
No anime, cartoonish or line drawing styles, please. The publisher wants to echo the 3D style of his other book covers:
Also, he wants the phoenix to be looking \"at the camera\" if possible. A 3/4 perspective is terrific.
BTW, these are paperback book size, 4.5 x 7.34 inches. The background will be a green gradient (see above samples), but you can use a transparent BG if you prefer.
- We require layered Photoshop files.
- 300dpi minimum, since this is for print.
- Final artwork will be 4.5 x 7.34, including bleed.
- Original designs only. You must hold the copyright to any and all artwork in your design, and thus be able to turn it over to the publisher once the prize money is awarded. (As per Sitepoint\'s rules.)
- If none of the designs meet our needs, we reserve the right to cancel this contest without awarding a prize. We also reserve the right to close the contest early and award a winner if we find one that matches our ideas perfectly.
- Please do feel free to ask questions if you need clarification. This is my first contest as a contest-holder so I will do my best to make it a success for all parties.
What does a phoenix look like? Here are some examples: