Very creative work, provided the fresh look that I was hoping for.
- WP Design Works
Excellent job, thank you!
Great design - very happy with working with MercClass. Will use again!
Brilliant update, as always!
How Dean Flanders started their web page design journey
Who are you known as?
Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
The Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research (FMI), based in Basel, Switzerland, is a world-class biomedical research institute dedicated to understanding the molecular mechanisms of health and disease. Its main areas of expertise are neurobiology, quantitative biology and epigenetics. With a staff of about 350, the FMI offers an exceptional training environment for PhD students and postdoctoral fellows from around the world.
Main target audiences:
- The world of academic research
- Potential students and postdoctoral fellows
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
What do you have in mind for the style and theme of the web page?
- Modern, appealing, state-of-the-art website in line with all the latest web standards. It needs to be comparable to the websites of other top research institutes (see list at the end) but also clearly differentiated.
- It needs to be in line with the FMI brand and CI/VI.
- Focus on the desktop version of the website (keep in mind that the winner will work on tablet and mobile version in a 1-1 project so we have a fully responsive web design).
- Language of the website: English only
- Homepage requirements:
- Some beautiful moving images at the top (final images will be provided by FMI)
- One or more text sections (such as mission statement, facts & figures, etc…)
- Maybe highlight of one or several key sections from the website
- Latest news
- Latest publications
- Upcoming seminars and events
- Twitter feed
See attached file "FMI website relaunch - request for proposal.pdf" for full details.
See attached document "FMI website relaunch - pages overview.pdf" for details
What to avoid
No restriction, please see attached document "Overview FMI branding.pdf" for details about our corporate identity.
Download all the attached files for more documentation.
Good luck to everyone who participates and do not hesitate to send us questions if anything is unclear or if you need anything else.
We are very much looking forward to this contest!